WMS Student Interest Group
The CoROM Wilderness Medical Society Student Interest Group serves our members and students by creating opportunities for seminars focusing on Wilderness Medicine, Austere Medicine and Resource-limited healthcare. There is a private LinkedIn group for all students, faculty and members of the College to meet and discuss the topics we will present.
Starting in August, the College will present one monthly seminar focusing on Wilderness Medicine. We will have those topics chosen and put here on this website before August 2022. These seminars are approved for FAWM credit. Anyone can attend these seminars for free, but if you want to earn CPD points, you must be a current Member of the College or a current CoROM student enrolled on one of our academic programmes.
For those of you who do not know about the Fellowship programme from WMS, you can find more information on their website.
The FAWM is awarded by the Wilderness Medical Society to medical professionals who demonstrate profound levels of expertise in wilderness, remote and expedition medicine.
The Fellowship is open to all medical professionals from EMT and higher.
Topics for the 2022-2023 Academic Year
- 6 September – Physics and Physiology of Diving
- 4 October – Tactical Combat Casualty Care – Overview
- 1 November – Tactical Combat Casualty Care – Haemorrhage Control
- 6 December – Evaluating Fitness for the Wilderness Traveller
- 3 January – Pre-hospital Patient Assessment
- 7 February – Marine Creatures
- 7 March – Critical Care in Austere Environments
- 4 April – Parasites & Protozoal Infections in the Traveller
- 2 May – Field Sanitation and Hygiene Measures
- 6 June – Overview of HAPE and HACE
- 4 July – Overview of Survival Techniques
- 1 August – Improvised Medical Techniques in the Wilderness