Remote EMT Online
Our Remote EMT programme is offered in two separate parts: Part 1 is the 60-hour online course that must be completed before you arrive for Part 2 of the programme. Part 2 is the six-day hands on scenarios, practical skills training and final practical testing. You must successfully complete our online Remote EMT exams prior to attending the practical session.
The online course allows you to learn and review the curriculum at your own pace, and focus on the hands-on element during your six days on practical part of the course. You’ll need to complete all online components, including a written exam before you will be allowed into the classroom training.
There are three parts to this Remote EMT qualification:
Part 1: Online training
The REMT programme starts with sixty hours of online eLearning based content. All lessons must be completed, all 40 online exams taken and the patient scenarios submitted to our tutors before you can be issued with a completion certificate.
Part 2: Classroom training
Once you have completed and passed the online training, you come to Malta for six days of extensive classroom experience. Most of the week is hands on with some lectures that will review the important topics learned during the online training.
REMT Course Content
- 60 hours of online content
- Basic Life Support for healthcare providers
- Automatic External Defibrillator (AED)
- Patient assessment using CABC
- Catastrophic haemorrhage and tourniquets
- Airway management including supraglottics
- Breathing emergencies
- Needle decompression and chest seals
- Circulation emergencies
- Shock, burns and crush injuries
- Disability emergencies
- Traction splints and pelvic binders
- Environmental emergencies
- Vital signs including BP and SPO2
- ACLS for EMTs
- Prolonged Field Care
- Improvised medicine
- Altitude emergencies
- Intro to tropical medicine
- Pharmacology and drugs management
- Patient packaging and litters
- Top 20 ailments seen in remote clinics
- Extended live casualty scenario with hands on prolonged field care
Live Casualty Simulations
The REMT course includes hands on experience with live casualty scenarios with special effects makeup.
Prolonged Field Care
The College of Remote and Offshore Medicine incorporates PFC scenarios during this course. Delegates will be required to assess, manage and monitor their casualties for extended periods of time under resource poor environments.
REMT Course Details
Duration: 6 days
Online REMT: €350
6 days practical session: €550
Both modules must be purchased separately
6-day classroom training dates:
9 – 14 November, 2020
Further details for this course date will be available from August 2020 onwards.
Learn from the best
All of our instructors are currently working as healthcare professionals. We have former Special Forces medics, Navy SEAL medics, Special Air Service medics as well as medical doctors with military and expedition experience.
We are passionate about training.