The ITLS Provider course is a two-part programme:
- Part I: 8 hours of online lectures and a final written exam
- Purchased directly from the ITLS website. https://www.itrauma.org/education/itls-etrauma/
- Part II: 8 hours of hands-on skills training and a final skills exam
- Taught by CoROM in Birzebbuga, Malta
This course is taught for advanced-level providers. Certification comes from International Trauma Life Support.
Next ITLS Course Date:
8 online hours of ITLS Lectures, provided by the ITLS website:
- Scene Size-up
- Trauma Assessment and Management
- Airway Management
- Thoracic Trauma
- Head Trauma
- Spinal Trauma
- Abdominal Trauma
- Extremity Trauma
- Paediatric Trauma
- Geriatric Trauma
- Trauma in Pregnancy
- The Impaired Patient
- Trauma Arrest
- Standard Precautions
8 classroom hours of ITLS Stations provided by CoROM, Including:
- Assessment skills
- Airway skills
- Thoracic trauma skills
- Vascular access skills
- Spine management skills
- Extremity trauma skills
This ITLS covers the same skills stations and testing procedures as the two-day ITLS Provider course. Upon successful completion, candidates will be awarded an ITLS Advanced Provider card.
- $90 paid to ITLS for the online content
- €250 paid to CoROM for the classroom training
- The course will begin at 9 am and finish at around 5 pm.
- There will be a one-hour lunch break.
- Pretty, Malta
What you need to bring to the course:
- Notebook/ Paper / Pens / Laptop (according to your preference for taking notes)
- WIFI is available.
- This course will be held in Birzebbuga, Malta.
- A good selection of coffee shops and restaurants are located close by.
It consists of two distinct phases:
1. 8 hours of online learning
The cost for the online training is $90.
This is purchased directly from the iTrauma.org website. https://www.itrauma.org/education/itls-etrauma/
Click on the link to the right for more information.
Important: This must be completed before attending the classroom training phase.
2. 1 day of classroom training and testing
The cost for the classroom training and testing is €250.