International Critical Care Paramedic
- Course information
- course content
- Course COST
- Exam Information
- Course dates
- course location
- terms & conditions
- Additional Option (1) CCT STudy week
- additional option (2) hems budapest
The College of Remote and Offshore Medicine Foundation offers the ICCP programme. It consists of online learning, one week of foundational learning and a final week of board exam test preparation.
- Online Content: Moodle based, self paced learning.
- Week 1: Foundations of Critical Care (CCT Study Week)
- Week 2: Focused board exam preparation week.
CoROM provide the largest review course for the American IBSC exam offered outside of the United States. This course is designed for registered paramedics, prehospital nurses and doctors who would like to become a Flight Paramedic or Critical Care Paramedic.
The International Critical Care Paramedic programme is approved by the International Board for Specialty Certifications. This course gives 24 hours of CME credit.
(Link opens in new tab.)
One of our Critical Care instructors, Charles Swearingen, has designed an online training package called Excellence in Critical Care Transport 3.0.
Delegates who enrol in this programme increase their chances of passing the exams.
Part I: 40 hours self guided online learning
Part II: 5 days of classroom based training and testing
Part III: One additional day for sitting the chosen IBSC exams.
Optional (1): Study Week Tutoring & discussions around critical care, in a small group of students.
Optional (2): Clinical Placement with Hungarian Air Ambulance in Budapest.
Course Cost: €1250
5 days of lectures, scenarios and discussions with two experienced instructors.
On the Saturday after the five days of the Critical Care Transport course, students have the opportunity to take one, two or even three exams.
Critical Care Certification (CCP-C®) Exam Cost: € 290
Flight Paramedic Certification (FP-C®) Exam Cost: €290
Tactical Paramedic Certification (TP-C®) Exam Cost: €290
Accommodation is not included in the tuition price.
You must be a registered doctor, registered paramedic or a nurse working in a prehospital environment. You will be required to have documentation proving your eligibility to sit the US Board exams.
The International Board of Specialty Certification is the US standard for Flight Paramedics, Critical Care Paramedics and Tactical Paramedics.
You can find up-to-date information on their website.
On request, for a group booking, this course can also be offered in Jordan, Qatar, UAE and other locations worldwide.
- Mon, 22 - Sat, 27 October, 2018
- Mon, 20 April - Sat, 4 May, 2019
The course location is Birzebbuga, Malta.
- Mon, 15 - Fri, 19 October, 2018
- Mon, 22 - Fri, 26 April, 2019
This course will be held at Seabreeze Hotel which is located in the seaside town of Pretty Bay, Malta.
You will find many amenities close to hand, including shops, bank, restaurants, coffee shops, bars, and - of course - the beach. This is one of the few sandy beaches in Malta!
Birzebbuga is located in the south of the island. This area is quieter than other popular tourist spots in Malta, particularly in winter.
The course venue is near the main shipping port of Malta.
Download a copy of the Candidate Handbook before registering.
This is an IBSC publication which gives you all the information you need to know about the exams.
Terms and conditions related to the course booking.
- Students will receive confirmation that this course date will take place two months before the course start date.
- Students are advised to not buy flights until 5 weeks before the course date.
- Taking part in the CCT Study Week? - In that case, confirmation will be received on September 4th, and flights should not be purchased earlier than that.
- € 500 secures access to the pre-course study material (online) and reserves your place on the course.
- The deposit of € 500 is non-refundable.
- However, should CoROM end up cancelling this course date, due to low enrolment, the deposit and any other payments made will be refunded within two weeks.
- Payment in full (€1250 plus € 290 for each exam) has to be received 8 weeks in advance of the course date.
- Students may pay in full earlier (if desired) and a refund of all payments made (minus the deposit of €500).
- On request, a 'Letter of Invitation' can be received, to support a visa application.
- If non-EU delegates are not able to obtain an approved visa, they lose their €500 deposit and the remaining €750 can be transferred to a later date.
- There is NO refund for any tuition paid.
We recommend you stay at Seabreeze Hotel during your attendance of this course.
Seabreeze Hotel is a friendly, family-run hotel.
For your convenience, here are your options at Seabreeze Hotel, using prices quoted for October 2017. - This should be taken only as a guide, to estimate accommodation costs. Rates / taxes may be added.
Option A: Share in an apartment (self-catering).
Cost per person
if two students share:
Cost per person
if three students share:
Up to 7 persons can share each apartment.
Each apartment has three bedrooms.
Prices for more than three sharing would be as follows:
4 persons: €12.50 each
5 persons: €11 each
6 persons: €10 each
7 persons: €7 each
Option B: Stay in a hotel room.
CCT Study Week (Foundations in Critical Care)
An excellent preparation for the Critical Care Transport course.
- Tutor: Small group learning with a Critical Care specialist currently working in the industry.
- Topics: Focus is on Cardiology, Neonate Care and Paediatric Critical Care. These three topics consistently cause students difficulties during the BCCTPC/IBSC exams. – Other topics can be discussed on request.
- Format: Small group, discussion based, scenario based.
- Dates: Monday through Friday on the week prior to the ICCP course.
- Cost: € 1250
Critical Care Paramedics can enrol for helicopter based clinical placements in Budapest, Hungary.
This placement is with the main HEMS station in Hungary.
There are around 3-5 calls each day.
This is a VFR only station so placements can take place during daylight hours only.
Cost for four days of HEMS clinical placement: €700