International Critical Care Paramedic
- Course information
- course content
- Course COST
- Exam Information
- Course dates
- course location
- terms & conditions
- additional option (2) HEMS Placement
The College of Remote and Offshore Medicine Foundation offers the ICCP programme. It consists of online learning, one week of foundational learning and a final week of board exam test preparation.
- Online Content: Moodle based, self paced learning.
- Classroom Content: Foundations of Critical Care
CoROM provide the largest review course for the American IBSC exam offered outside of the United States. This course is designed for registered paramedics, prehospital nurses and doctors who would like to become a Flight Paramedic or Critical Care Paramedic.
(Link opens in new tab.)
Part I: 40 hours self guided online learning
Part II: 5 days of classroom based training and testing
Part III: Taking one or more of the IBSC board examinations. These exams can be taken at any of the worldwide exam centres. Contact IBSC for the exam options nearest you.
Part IV: Clinical Placement with Hungarian Air Ambulance in Budapest or with KilimanjaroSAR in Tanzania.
Online cost: €75
40 hours of online content that will prepare for the board exams and for the classroom learning.
Classroom cost: €1250
5 days of lectures, scenarios and discussions with two experienced instructors.
Accommodation is not included in the tuition price.
You must be a registered doctor, registered paramedic or a nurse working in a prehospital environment. You will be required to have documentation proving your eligibility to sit the US Board exams.
The International Board of Specialty Certification is the US standard for Flight Paramedics, Critical Care Paramedics and Tactical Paramedics.
You can find up-to-date information on their website.
This course will be held at the Saint James Hospital which is located in the seaside town of Sliema, Malta.
You will find many amenities close to hand, including shops, bank, restaurants, coffee shops, bars, and - of course - the beach. This is one of the few sandy beaches in Malta!
Download a copy of the Candidate Handbook before registering.
This is an IBSC publication which gives you all the information you need to know about the exams.
Terms and conditions related to the course booking.
- Students will receive confirmation that this course date will take place two months before the course start date.
- Students are advised to not buy flights until 5 weeks before the course date.
- Taking part in the CCT Study Week? - In that case, confirmation will be received on September 4th, and flights should not be purchased earlier than that.
- € 500 secures access to the pre-course study material (online) and reserves your place on the course.
- The deposit of € 500 is non-refundable.
- However, should CoROM end up cancelling this course date, due to low enrolment, the deposit and any other payments made will be refunded within two weeks.
- Payment in full (€1250 plus € 290 for each exam) has to be received 8 weeks in advance of the course date.
- Students may pay in full earlier (if desired) and a refund of all payments made (minus the deposit of €500).
- On request, a 'Letter of Invitation' can be received, to support a visa application.
- If non-EU delegates are not able to obtain an approved visa, they lose their €500 deposit and the remaining €750 can be transferred to a later date.
- There is NO refund for any tuition paid.
Critical Care Paramedics can enrol for helicopter based clinical placements in Budapest, Hungary.
This placement is with the main HEMS station in Hungary.
There are around 3-5 calls each day.
This is a VFR only station so placements can take place during daylight hours only.
Cost for four days of HEMS clinical placement: €700